Now you can cure hemorrhoids with delicious tasting, fun foods! What more could you ask?
Experts estimate that as much as 90 percent of all diseases are linked to free-radical damage in the body. Hemorrhoids are caused by free radical damage to the region in and around the anus.
Free radicals are a natural byproduct of the body turning food into energy. However, if there are more free radicals than the body needs, they can become harmful.
Excess free radical buildup can be caused by stress, cigarette smoking, harmful ultraviolet rays from the sun, the waste product of metabolism, toxic chemicals from pollution, contaminates and/or pesticides in foods, and high intensity/short period exercising known as distress exercise.
Free radicals are associated with oxygen molecules that damage cells in the body by stealing electrons from them. Antioxidants stop the damage by providing the electrons demanded by the dysfunctional oxygen molecules. When the body can not produce enough antioxidants, supplements are needed to keep the body healthy.
Fortunately, there are many foods that provide antioxidant materials for the body like fresh fruits and vegetables. Eating a wide range of different types and colors – blueberries, green and red grapes and deep orange fruits will provide the “free radical scavengers” to neutralize the damaging molecules.
Of the many foods, barley is one of the better antioxidants. Barley is used in beer, so drinking beer will help cure hemorrhoids as well as other illnesses.
Similarly, dark chocolate has been shown to be a great producer of antioxidants. Dark chocolate is especially good for the skin. This is why it proves useful in the treatment of hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids are a skin condition.
Walnuts are another food that helps produce an above-average number of “free radical scavengers”. Walnuts are high on the list of antioxidants because they are rich in vitamin E. Walnuts also contain omega 3 fatty acids which have been shown to reduce fat. Excess fat is often associated with hemorrhoid problems.
Now, you don’t have to drink beer in order to get your share of antioxidants from barley. In fact, you can combine barley, chocolate and walnuts to make delicious cookies. Here’s the recipe:
- 1-1/2 cups organic barley flour
- 3-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup rice syrup or malt syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup finely chopped walnut
- 1 cup dark chocolate or carob chips
- Place the barley flour in a large bowl. Add the baking powder and mix well. Slowly stir in the oil and work it through the flour with a fork until it is evenly distributed. Add the rice syrup or malt syrup, vanilla, and egg. Mix until a stiff dough is formed. Add the walnuts, the chocolate or carob chips and mix until they are evenly distributed throughout the dough
- Dip a 2-tablespoon measure (such as a coffee scoop) in water to keep dough from sticking to it. Use this measure to scoop the dough onto an oiled cookie sheet. Wet your hand in cool water and flatten each cookie with your palm. Bake at 350F for 10 – 12 minutes.
There you go! Now you can get rid of hemorrhoids by eating cookies.