If you are looking for a tasty, refreshing drink for a special occasion or a casual family get-together, the Filipino Pineapple-Calamansi or Pineapple-Lemon Punch is a great choice. It is very easy to prepare at home and is great to serve at anytime. Here is an easy recipe to prepare this cool, revitalizing fruity mocktail.
Pineapple Juice: 2 ½ cups
Lemon Juice: ½ cup
Ice: 1 cup, crushed or cubes (as per your choice)
Sugar: 6 tablespoons
Light Rum: 1 tablespoon to ½ cup (as per personal choice)
Orange: 2, sliced
Maraschino Cherries: 3-4, to garnish
Method of Preparation:
1) Add sugar to the pineapple juice and mix well till the sugar granules dissolve completely.
2) Add rum and lemon juice to the above and mix well.
3) Add crushed ice at the bottom of the serving glasses and pour the chilled juice on the top.
4) Put 1-2 ice cubes at the top and garnish with orange slices and maraschino cherries (on the edges of the glasses).
5) Serve immediately, when chilled.
Each serving (303 g) contains: Calories: 201 cal; Total fat: 0.2 g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g; Sodium: 4mg; Carbohydrates: 38.6 g; Fibre: 0.5 g; Protein: 0.7 g
This refreshing Pineapple-Calamansi Punch is one of the most popular mock tails from the Philippines. It contains only 201 calories and absolutely no cholesterol and Trans fats. It is, thus, no less than a treat for all the health conscious food lovers across the globe.